3 - Boundaries
In this episode, we explore:
- How boundaries are a necessary component of self-care.
- How defining and honoring our boundaries allows us to take responsibility for ourselves.
- The distinction between boundaries and ultimatums. Boundaries are for ourselves, they are not to influence or manipulate someone else’s behavior or choices.
- The importance of consequences and follow through.
- Creating boundaries, not from a place of anger or frustration, but from a place of self-love.
- The concept of a safe bubble. Boundaries aren’t only meant to keep things out. Clear boundaries create a safe space inside, to allow us to hear our own thoughts, come to our own conclusions, honor and find clarity in our own truth.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
“Boundaries are the distance at which I can love you and me simultaneously.” -Prentice Hill
About Your Hosts
Dr. Sari Green is a physician and certified life coach, and Emily McCary Price is a certified life coach with a background in clinical psychology and Internal Family Systems. To learn more about coaching services, please visit the website at Lotus Life Coaching to learn how we can help you reframe and prioritize your next chapter.